Dr. Ashutosh Niraj
Dr. Ashutosh Niraj, MD is the founder and medical director of Family Care Clinic & Heart and Brain Center of Texas. He has completed medical training in Internal Medicine and Cardiology at Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology and CT Coronary Angiogram (CTCA).
Dr. Niraj is an academically acclaimed physician. He is the author of numerous manuscripts in Basic medical research science, Primary care and Cardiology. He had also been in review panel of acclaimed Journals.
Ready to make an appointment ! Call 713-988-8500
Languages spoken: English, Hindi, Spanish (limited), Mandarin (limited)
- Cardiology Fellowship , Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Internal Medicine Residency , Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Cell and Molecular Biology, (Graduate program, M. S. B. M. S.) , University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Cardiology, American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Nuclear Cardiology, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology (CBNC)
- Echocardiography, The National Board of Echocardiography (NBE)
- CT Coronary Angiogram, Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (CBCCT)
- West Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX
- Park Plaza Hospital, Houston, TX
Regular Membership (With rights to sponsor and abstract submission): Selection process require nomination and peer-review evaluation of applicant credentials
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: (ASBMB), Bethesda, MD, One of the most prominent society devoted to basic scientist.
- Former Member of Editorial Board panel of Clinical and Investigative Medicine, Official Journal of Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation (CSCI)
PUBLICATIONS, PART I : JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Two-dimensional strain profiles in patients with physiological and pathological hypertrophy and preserved left ventricular systolic function: a comparative analyses. BMJ Open. 2012 Aug 17;2(4 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22904333
- Association of novel biomarkers with future cardiovascular events is influenced by ethnicity: Results from a multi-ethnic cohort. Int J Cardiol. 2012 Jan 10. [Epub ahead of print] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22240756
- Predictors of residual cardiovascular risk in patients on statin therapy for primary prevention. Cardiology. 2011;119(4):187-90. doi: 10.1159/000331429. Epub 2011 Sep 30. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21968436
- Relationship between red cell distribution width and microalbuminuria: a population-based study of multiethnic representative US adults. Nephron Clin Pract.2011;119(4):c277-82. doi: 10.1159/000328918 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21921640
- Red cell distribution width and mortality: effect of left ventricular hypertrophy. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2011 Oct;12(10):747-9. doi: 10.2459/JCM.0b013e32834b0ea2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21873880
- Homocysteine and reclassification of cardiovascular disease risk.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011 Aug 30;58(10):1025-33. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2011.05.028. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21867837
- Glycosylated hemoglobin and prevalent metabolic syndrome in nondiabetic multiethnic U.S. adults. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2011 Oct;9(5):361-7. doi: 10.1089/met.2011.0032. Epub 2011 May 25. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21612506
- Usefulness of intravenously administered fluid replenishment for detection of patent foramen ovale by transesophageal echocardiography.Am J Cardiol. 2010 Oct 1;106(7):1054-8. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2010.05.037. Epub 2010 Aug 11. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20854974
- Red cell distribution width and risk of coronary heart disease events.Am J Cardiol. 2010 Oct 1;106(7):988-93. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2010.06.006. Epub 2010 Aug 11. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20854962
- Traditional cardiovascular risk factors and severity of angiographic coronary artery disease in the elderly. Prev Cardiol. 2010 Summer;13(3):135-40. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7141.2009.00062.x. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20626669Coronary revascularization strategy for ST elevation myocardial infarction with multivessel disease: experience and results at 1-year follow-up. Am J Ther. 2011 Mar-Apr;18(2):92-100. doi: 10.1097/MJT.0b013e3181b809ee. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20027110
- Global and regional left ventricular contractile impairment in patients with wolff-Parkinson-white syndrome. Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J. 2009 Jul 1;9(4):195-206. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19652729
- Spectrum of electrocardiographic and angiographic coronary artery disease findings in patients with cocaine-associated myocardial infarction. Coron Artery Dis. 2009 Aug;20(5):332-6. doi: 10.1097/MCA.0b013e32832b906c.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19543086
- Coronary revascularization strategy for ST elevation myocardial infarction with multivessel disease: experience and results at 1-year follow-up. Am J Ther. 2011 Mar-Apr;18(2):92-100. doi: 10.1097/MJT.0b013e3181b809ee. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20027110
- QT dispersion at rest and during adenosine stress myocardial perfusion imaging correlation with Myocardial Jeopardy Score. Clin Cardiol. 2008 May;31(5):205-10. doi: 10.1002/clc.20153. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18473373
- Comparison of five-year outcome in African Americans versus Caucasians following percutaneous coronary intervention. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2008 Jul 1;72(1):36-44. doi: 10.1002/ccd.21556.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18383170
- Ethnic and Gender Differences in Disease Burden in Patients Undergoing Coronary Angiography: The Confounding Influence of Obesity. Ethn Dis. 2008, 18(1):53-58.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18447100
- Severity of Coronary Artery Disease in Obese Patients Undergoing Coronary Angiography: “Obesity Paradox” revisited. Clin Cardiol. 2007 Aug;30(8):391-6.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17680619
- Myocardial Infarction with Angiographically Normal Coronary Arteries in The Contemporary Era. Coron Artery Dis. 2007 Dec;18(8):621-6.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18004112
- QT Dispersion at Rest and During Adenosine Stress Myocardial Perfusion Imaging; Correlation with Myocardial Jeopardy Score. Clin Cardiol. 2008 May;31(5):205-10.
- Determinants of Amount of Contrast Utilized In Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Procedures. Coron Artery Dis. 2007 Jun;18(4):275-82.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17496491
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis as a Long-term Complication of Radiation Treatment for Prostate Cancer. Southern Medical Journal. May 2007. 100(5):545-547 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17534102
- Localized Gastric Amyloidosis. Pract Gastroenterol 2006;30(7):73-79.
- Senior abuse misconstrued as a myocardial infarction. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006;54(6):1017-19.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16776812VCP/p97 AAA-ATPase Does not Interact with the Endogenous Wild-Type CFTR. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007 Jun;36(6):706-14.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17272822
- Efficient Intracellular processing of the endogenous cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in epithelial cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2004;279(21):22578-584.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15066992
PUBLICATIONS, PART II : JOURNAL ABSTRACTS
- Gender difference in novel biomarkers for predicting future cardiovascular and coronary events. (Quality of care and outcomes assessment). ). Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 9, 2010; 55: A138.E1297.
- Prognostic implications of atherogenic/anti-atherogenic lipid ratios in an ethnically diverse population. (hypertension, lipids and prevention) ). Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 9, 2010; 55: A52.E494.
- Gender and ethnic differences in cardiovascular events and mortality in patients with depressive symptoms. (hypertension, lipids and prevention). ). Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 9, 2010; 55: A57.E542.
- Effect of lipid subclasses on the risk of cardiovascular outcomes in an ethnically diverse asymptomatic population. (hypertension, lipids and prevention) ). Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 9, 2010; 55: A52.E495.
- Is there a gender disparity in risk association of inflammatory biomarkers with new onset diabetes in healthy adult population? (vascular disease) ). Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 9, 2010; 55: A169.E1587.
- Microalbuminuria in non-diabetic patients with metabolic syndrome is a strong predictor of subclinical atherosclerosis: a multi-ethnic perspective (Imaging and diagnostic testing) ). Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 9, 2010; 55: A70.E657.
- Waist hip ratio, not body mass index predicted cardiovascular risk in a multi ethnic cohort of healthy adults. (quality of care and outcomes assessment) ). Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 9, 2010; 55: A141.E1324.
- Correlation of Lipid Profile with Angiographic Coronary Artery Disease Burden and All-Cause Mortality Among Elderly Patients Undergoing Coronary Angiography. (Abstract # 191). Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. (May 2009); 2(3); p44
- Detectable Troponin In Non-Acute Coronary Syndrome Patients In The Intensive Care Unit setting. Long Term Prognosis? (Abstract # 25). Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. (May 2009); 2(3); p7
- Coronary Artery Bypass grafting vs Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Octogenarians: Impact on clinical outcomes. (Abstract # 25). Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. (May 2009); 2(3); p7
- Drug Eluting Stents (DES) versus Bare Metal Stents (BMS) in Octogenarians: A Comparative Outcome Analysis. (Poster ID # 2510-640). Journal of the American College of Cardiology (10 March 2009); 53(10), Supplement 1; pA44
- Correlation Of Lipid Profile And Angiographic Coronary Artery Disease Burden Among Elderly Patients Undergoing Coronary Angiography. (Abstract # D-29) Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions (June 2009) 73 (S1), pS69-70
- Long Term (>3 Year) Survival Benefit For CABG Vs PCI In Octogenarians: Is There Any? (Abstract # D-20) Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions (June 2009) 73 (S1), pS66
- Mortality Trends Of Percutaneous Coronary Interventions In Octogenarians: Bare Metal Stents Vs. Drug Eluting StentsCategory: Stents. (Abstract # C-36) Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions (June 2009) 73(S1), pS55
- Pattern and Extent of Systolic Intraventricular Dyssynchrony in Patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Comparison with Hypertensive and Athlete Hearts Using Tissue Doppler Imaging. (Abstract # 1061) Circulation 2008 Oct 28; 118 (18) Supplement :S_641-S_642.
- Racial Disparities In Coronary Angiography And Noninvasive Testing: Myth Or Reality? (Abstract # 322) The J Of Heart Disease. 2008 Jul;6 (1):81. (ISSN 1556-7451)
- Systolic Intraventricular Dyssynchrony In Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: differentiaon from Athlete Heart. (Abstract # 241) The J Of Heart Disease. 2008 Jul;6 (1):61. (ISSN 1556-7451)
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention In Octogenarians: An Outcome Analysis. (Abstract # 165) The J Of Heart Disease. 2008 Jul;6 (1):42. (ISSN 1556-7451)
- Do Traditional Cardiovascular Risks Factors Predict Extent Of Angiographic Stenosis In Elderly Patients? (Abstract # 426) The J Of Heart Disease. 2008 Jul;6 (1):107. (ISSN 1556-7451)
- Severity of Coronary Artery Disease in Obese Patients Undergoing Coronary Angiography and Intervention: “Obesity Paradox” revisited. (Abstract). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007 March 6 Supplement 1;49(9):A212-13.
- Outcome analysis of percutaneous coronary intervention:racial disparities in five year Follow up. (Abstract) Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2007 May 1;69(6):S75-76.
- Do Mitral Annular and Inflow Velocities Correlate with Indices of Left Atrial Mechanical Function Derived Volumetrically by 3-Dimensional Echo?. (Abstract) J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2007 May;20(5):611.
- Correlation between stress myocardial perfusion imaging and myocardial jeopardy score: usefulness of electrocardiographic parameters. (Abstract) Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 2007;23:65
- Determinants Of Amount of Contrast Utilized In Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. (Abstract) Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2006;67(5):812-813.
- Efficient Wild type CFTR Biogenesis in Epithelial Cells: Inhibition of the Proteasome has no effect on Core-glycosylated CFTR Stability.(Abstract) Pediatric Pulmonology 2004;38(S27):193-194.
- CFTR endocytosis in polarized Calu-3 cells is remarkably slow. (Abstract) Pediatric Pulmonology 2003;36(S25):232.
- Biogenesis of CFTR in Calu-3 cells: Efficient Intracellular Processing of the Wild-type Protein. (Abstract) Pediatric Pulmonology 2003;36(S25):193-194.